Dear Music Lover,
What an exciting year of music! Thanks in part to the generous donations of many, we brought music to more than 1,500 people by presenting 21 Music at the Red Door events this past year:
- ever-popular Lessons and Carols, Choral Music for the Soul (with a choir of 65), and Evensong featuring our talented multi-age choral ensembles;
- Pipes Alive! organ recitals that feature local talent at St. John’s landmark Austin organ;
- eclectic programs like the Whiffenpoofs, the Nields, chamber recitals, and Music of the Beatles.
Our vision is becoming a reality with the growth of Music at the Red Door programs for all members of the community. In addition, we have seen increasing recognition and appreciation of the physical beauty of St. John’s Episcopal Church. We recently incorporated Music at the Red Door as a non-profit entity with a talented and dedicated Board of Directors. We are presenting an even more challenging and exciting season for 2018-2019, including:
- a period-instrument presentation of Handel’s beloved Messiah in December;
- CitySingers of Hartford’s Celtic Fire – an event that completely filled the church in 2016;
- return of the popular Jazz at the Red Door, featuring the Nat Reeves Quartet;
- National Public Radio personality and flautist Suzanne Bona in a chamber music event;
- three concerts by our chamber music ensemble-in-residence, the New World Trio;
- continue popular programs featuring our growing multi-age choral ensembles, and Pipes Alive! organ recitals;
- a three-day exploratory music camp in summer 2019 for children of the West End of Hartford.
Our vision of expanding our presence can only be realized through the generosity of donors like you. Please join in making this exceptional outreach to the community possible with a donation to our flourishing Music at the Red Door.
Click here to see the full list of events for 2018-2019.
Join us at 3pm on December 10th for this beautiful, traditional festival of holiday spirit. Click here for details.