- ever-popular Lessons and Carols, Choral Music for the Soul (with a choir of 65), and Evensong featuring our talented multi-age choral ensembles;
- Pipes Alive! organ recitals that feature local talent at St. John’s landmark Austin organ;
- eclectic programs like the Whiffenpoofs, the Nields, chamber recitals, and Music of the Beatles.
- a period-instrument presentation of Handel’s beloved Messiah in December;
- CitySingers of Hartford’s Celtic Fire – an event that completely filled the church in 2016;
- return of the popular Jazz at the Red Door, featuring the Nat Reeves Quartet;
- National Public Radio personality and flautist Suzanne Bona in a chamber music event;
- three concerts by our chamber music ensemble-in-residence, the New World Trio;
- continue popular programs featuring our growing multi-age choral ensembles, and Pipes Alive! organ recitals;
- a three-day exploratory music camp in summer 2019 for children of the West End of Hartford.
Welcome to Sacred Music at the Red Door, the concert series of St. John’s Episcopal Church, West Hartford, CT.
As St. John’s gift to the community, we present several concerts annually in the stunning acoustic of St. John’s Church. The concert series and our chorister program is sustained by generous individual donors, community businesses, grants, and volunteers. We invite your contribution of time, talent, and treasure. Visit our donations page today to learn how you can help.